A Trusted Name in California Legal Representation
As a native of San Diego, family law attorney Gordon D. Cruse has a deeply personal interest in helping the people of his hometown and the surrounding area. Throughout his career of over 35 years, he has assisted individuals, business professionals, military personnel, and many others with his dedicated and focused legal representation.
He primarily works with cases involving divorce and other complex family law matters, serving all of San Diego County and beyond. He has been admitted to practice in all California state courts, in addition to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California.
Protect what Matters Most to you. Contact us online or call us at 619-431-4523!
- B.A. in Political Science- UC San Diego
- Juris Doctor- Western State University School of Law- 1982
A History of Success in Southern California
His achievements include the following:
- An Avvo® Rating of 10.0 Superb
- San Diego Super Lawyers®
- Top Attorneys San Diego County, 2009
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America
- Listed in Best Lawyers®
- Best Lawyers® Best Law Firms
- Martindale-Hubbell™ AV® Preeminent Rated
- 2017 Best Lawyers®: Lawyer of the Year, Family Law Mediation
- 2015 Best Lawyers®: Lawyer of the Year, Family Law - San Diego
- Member of the American College of Family Trial Lawyers
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- Pro Bono Publico Distinguished Service Award
- Norbert H. Ehrenfreund Award for Outstanding Family Law Attorney
- Wiley W. Manuel Award for Pro Bono Legal Services
Professional Memberships & Affiliations
- E-Discovery Expert
- State Bar of California, Certified Specialist in Family Law - Fee Arbitration Committee (1989), Family Law Executive Committee (1989-1995)
- San Diego County Bar Association - Family Law Section, Certified Family Law Specialists Executive Committee (1996-1999; 2000-2003; Chair, 2002), Client Relations Committee and Mandatory Fee Arbitration (Chair, 1990-1992)
- Settlement Conference Judge, Family Law, Superior Court of California, County of San Diego (1993)
- Judge Pro Tempore, Family Law, Superior Court of California, County of San Diego (1993)
- California State Bar Practice Management and Family Law, Mentor (1994-1995)
- Special Master, Family Law Matters (1996)
- Private Judge, Family Law Matters (1996)
- American Bar Association
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Fellow
- International Academy of Family Lawyers, Fellow
- Expert Witness and Fee Dispute Litigation Consultant
Obtain Skilled Counsel
If you are currently navigating a family law matter anywhere in San Diego County and you are in search of legal guidance, Gordon D. Cruse, APLC can help. As an experienced and knowledgeable family lawyer serving San Diego, he can provide you with the keen advice and comprehensive support that you need, all while fully representing your best interest.
Begin by contacting our firm at 619-431-4523 to get information on how to get started.